04/02/2009

Let's start

Hi there!
I start writing this blog to tell about my new adventure in UK, but not only.
Actually, it's not the first time I write a blog: I have another one since 2005, written in Italian.
Now, 20 days after arriving in London, I thought it could be time starting an English blog.
There are two reasons: one is training my written skills, the other is (potentially) talk to everyone speaks this tongue.
First of all, I'm a journalist and I'm working as freelance for some italian newspapers at the moment.
Few months ago, after a chat with a workmate, I started thinking that know how to write in English could be useful for my work and mainly it could help me to clear the way for getting into what I call 'foreign news world'. That's my favourite field!
I like to know foreign language and countries. I think living abroad can give you a new angle from where you look at people and places. But you need a thing before: be helpful.
I'm interested also in international politics, human rights, NGO, charity and voluntary work, business, IT, sports and culture. Many topics, I know: probably for that now I'm looking for a sector into get specialized.
Honestly, I think I like journalism because it concerns on people's life and that's all.
Anyway, I'm here also to discover a city I didn't know, the biggest where I've never lived. To discover a 'new world', a new way of life, of thinking and writing.
My first feeling has been that London probably is not the most beautiful city in the world, but here you can find everything you want. Just think about something and you will find it somewhere.
About English, I think its best quality is being a lingua franca and even a flexible language that make people able to understand you even when you can't speak it well.
Well, let's start now!;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment